Halloween Recipes - Dark Choc Chip Cookies!
Three words. Choc. Chip. Cookies. Is there anything better?
Here's a delicious and spooky twist on a classic, just in time for Halloween! Enjoy besties!
Dark Choc Chip Cookies
- 2 cups plain flour
- ⅔ cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- ⅔ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Halloween themed baking chips
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper. In a large bowl, combine the warmed butter and sugars and beat for 3-4 minutes until well combined and light.
3. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well until combined.
4. Then, add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt to the mixture and mix until just combined.
5. In another bowl, combine the Halloween chips, white chocolate chips, and peanut butter chips. Stir through quickly to mix them.
6. Gently fold around ¾ of the chips into the mixture, and set the remaining chips aside for later.
7. Using a tablespoon, scoop some of the mixture and roll it into a ball with your hands. You may need to refrigerate the dough for around 30 minutes before doing this.
8. Place the balls on the prepared tray and place in the oven. Bake for around 8-10 minutes or until just set.
9. Remove the cookies from the oven, and before they cool press some more of the remaining chocolate chips into the top to decorate.
10. Enjoy them warm, or transfer to a wire rack to cool. Yum!
Makes approx. 24 cookies