5 ways to have a hot girl summer
Summer is just around the corner for us here in Aus! But sadly, this means you’re probably getting bombarded with social media posts about how to get ‘bikini ready’, or ‘shred fat fast’ for summer. Sigh. Before you enter an aggressive deficit or let toxic diet industry BS ruin your mindset - we want to remind you that you can enjoy the warmer months just as you are!
Having a ‘hot girl summer’ is not about how you look…it’s about how you feel. So, this summer we are saying goodbye to ridiculous beauty standards, showing up as our best selves, and wearing the damn bikini!
To help you do this, here are 5 tips for your best hot girl summer yet!
Wear the shorts! (or bikini/crop top/sundress/etc)
- Forget what toxic fashion articles or social media posts say you should wear - and wear what make you happy
- Whether that’s shorts and a crop top, or a baggy tee, wear what makes you feel comfortable and confident!
- Don’t skip your sunscreen bestie!
- Get into the habit of applying a good quality SPF (50+) every single day, especially if you’re spending more time outdoors
- Nothing ruins a hot girl summer like a painful sunburn!
- Crack out the fake tan for a summer glow instead
- Now that the weather is warmer, you’ll likely be sweating more!
- This means it’s more important than ever to stay hydrated
- Keep your emotional support water bottle handy to sip throughout the day!
Move your body for enjoyment
- Don’t just train to look a certain way for summer
- Instead, move your body in a way that you enjoy, and as a celebration of what your body can do!
- Now that the weather is warmer, get physical with outdoor activities such as hiking, swimming, or jogging
- The fresh air and vitamin D will give you an instant endorphin hit!
- You can nourish your body and eat well while still enjoying social occasions too!
- Ensure 80% of your diet is coming from nutrient dense whole foods (summer fruit and veg is the best too!)
- Then, the other 20% can come from less nutrient dense, ‘soul’ foods
- Enjoy special occasions and social events, and remember that it’s what you do consistently that counts
Now go have that hot girl summer bestie!
Bonte, TWS Community Manager x