Why am I not seeing results?
One of the most common questions I get asked is 'why am I not seeing results?'. I totally understand, because feeling like you are getting nowhere can be SO frustrating, especially when you feel like you are doing everything right. But more often than not, I see people self-sabotaging their results without even realising it. So, here are the most common ways you may be standing in your own way when it comes to achieving your goals.
- Adherence: Are you actually adhering to your plan? Not just on weekdays, but on weekends too? If you're 'writing off' your weekends, eating out frequently, or deviating from your plan often, then this is probably why you're not seeing results. Adherence is number 1 when it comes to achieving your goals, so make sure you have this in check before you assume that you're plateauing or that your plan isn't working.
- Sleep and recovery: These are SO underrated when it comes to achieving your health and fitness goals. If you're not getting enough sleep, your hunger hormones, mood, training intensity, ability to recover, mental health, and immunity are compromised. Start prioritising your sleep and recovery as much as you do your training and nutrition, and you will see big improvements.
- Stress levels: This is a big one. Stress impacts a lot of things, and can make us retain a lot of water and feel more inflamed. If you're not seeing a drop on the scale, this could be why. Start being proactive with your stress management, and make time for things you enjoy.
- Nutrition quality: It's one thing to hit your macros, but another to make sure you are getting enough micronutrients as well. Be sure to eat enough fruits and veggies, as well as hitting your protein and overall calorie target.
- Movement: Simply moving more can be a great way to increase your energy expenditure throughout the day. This is why I love aiming for a step target! Before adding in excessive cardio or more training sessions, make sure you simply moving enough first and hitting a consistent step target.
- Time: This is the biggest one of all. Make sure you actually give yourself enough time to see results! It won't happen overnight, so make sure you are staying consistent for at least 2-3 weeks before you look at making adjustments.