Halloween Recipes - Spooky Donuts!
Who doesn't love donuts? These super simple and delish Halloween donuts are the perfect spooky treat. Enjoy gf!
- 100g pumpkin
- 50g protein powder
- 40g oat flour (ground oats)
- 10g cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 40g Natvia smooth chocolate topping (if you don’t have access to this omit or find a low cal choc sauce to mix in)
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 40g sugar free maple syrup
- 80ml egg whites
- 70ml oat milk (or milk of choice)
- 200g dark chocolate of choice
- 30ml maple syrup
- Halloween sprinkles/ or decorations of choice
- Boil pumpkin until soft.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and spray a donut baking tray with coconut oil and set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Absorb the water from the boiled pumpkin with chux cloth or paper towel, until as dry as possible, then add wet ingredients and stir to combine
- Add wet ingredients to dry and fold through to combine.
- Pour batter into donut tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool before icing.
- Melt chocolate in microwave or in a bowl over a pot with boiling water - wait to add maple syrup to melted chocolate at the very end so the chocolate does not become sticky. Then dip donuts in and decorate with sprinkles.
- Place in the fridge to set icing and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Makes 6 donuts