Dark choc matcha Christmas cookies
These dark choc matcha Christmas cookies are just as delicious as they are pretty! The prefect way to impress your guests (and your taste-buds) this silly season!
- 2 cups almond flour (don't use almond meal for the best color)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Line a tray with baking paper and preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Combine the almond flour, maple syrup, oil, salt, matcha, baking soda, and vinegar in a large bowl. The batter should become smooth and slightly sticky.
- Use a spoon to scoop the dough onto the lined tray, making around individual cookies. Gently flatten the dough with your finger tips and shape them into cookies (this will be easier if your finger tips are slightly wet).
- Bake the cookies for around 12 minutes, or until they reach your desired texture. Allow to cool.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips in the microwave in 20 second increments until melted and smooth.
- To decorate, dip each cookie halfway into the melted chocolate, or drizzle the chocolate over the cookies.
- Let the chocolate harden at room temperature, then serve or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
Makes around 16 cookies
Macros (per cookie): 117 Calories
Carbs - 6g, protein - 3g, fat - 10g