Christmas peanut butter balls
Who doesn't love peanut butter? These delish peanut butter balls are the perfect Christmas crowd-pleaser. Enjoy besties!
- 2 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 4 tbsp butter, at room temp
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 250g melting chocolate, chopped
- A pinch of flakey salt
- 150g white melting chocolate
- Red and/or green food colouring
- Beat the sugar, peanut butter, vanilla, salt and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed. Continue until a dough forms into a large ball (around 2 minutes).
- Roll dough into small balls (around 5cm wide) and place on a lined baking tray or plate. Freeze until firm (around 20 mins).
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 20 second increments on a low setting. Stir between each until melted and smooth.
- Line a second plate or tray with baking paper. Remove around ¼ of the balls from the freezer, and leave the rest in so they remain set. Dip each ball in the chocolate, and let the excess drip off, then transfer to the baking sheet. While the chocolate is wet, add a sprinkle of flaky salt if desired.
- Repeat this step with the remaining balls, then transfer them all back into the freezer to set.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave using the same method as previously mentioned. Once melted, separate into 2 portions and use the food colouring the create red and green chocolate.
- Remove the balls from the freezer, and use a teaspoon to drizzle the coloured chocolate over them.
- Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Makes around 30 balls
Macros (per ball): 130 calories
Fat - 9g, carbs - 13g, protein - 3g